After ~1100h of work, my
Efficient Go book was sent to production. 😱 Thanks to all who helped me in this journey!
With the publish date around November-December 2022, you can pre-order my book from the following websites:
We are slowly building a small community around the book and Go efficiency topics in the
Efficient Go Community Discord server. Here is the link to join us. This is the perfect spot to give feedback and ask questions around Go and efficiency!
About the Book
Software engineers today typically put performance optimizations low on the list of development priorities. But despite significant technological advancements and lower-priced hardware, software efficiency still matters. With this book, Go programmers will learn how to approach performance topics for applications written in this open source language.
How and when should you apply performance efficiency optimization without wasting your time? In this book I will provide you the tools and knowledge you need to make your system faster using fewer resources. Once you learn how to address performance in your Go applications, you’ll be able to bring small but effective habits to your programming and development cycle.
This book shows will show you how to:
- Continuously monitor for performance and efficiency regressions
- Find the root cause of performance bottlenecks using metrics, logging, tracing, and profiling
- Use tools like
k6.ioto create reliable micro- and macro-benchmarks
- Improve and optimize your code to meet your goals without sacrificing simplicity and readability
- Make data-driven decisions by prioritizing changes that make a difference
- Introduce basic “performance hygiene” in day-to-day Go programming and testing