My name is Bartek (full: Bartłomiej) and I am from Poland and precisely from the city called Gdańsk.
I am some curious and (bit too) ambitious human that happened to dive very deep into software engineering waters. My first dev job started in 2012 and since then I enjoy delivering many challenging projects with many awesome people I met on my way.
My main focus was always building and running software in web/backend/distributed systems/infrastructure areas. Even though I have on-going experience as a global-scale SRE I love development the most: I love building pragmatic, scalable, high quality solutions.
I am always looking forward to hearing feedback (: If you feel angry that what I say is totally wrong, I would love to hear that. This way we all learn (:
I used to work at Improbable: Amazing Gaming UK Startup. With global scale Kubernetes infrastructure, we were using and developing technically impressive unique systems. At some point, a couple of years ago, with Fabian Reinartz, we created Thanos project, which got some popularity as a kind of default choice for scaling Prometheus. That started a shift to work fully on open source around the Prometheus ecosystem.
Rest of my time is reserved by my beloved wife & family, volleyball and sometimes cars (:
- Are You Testing Your Observability? Patterns for Instrumenting Your Services; FOSDEM 2020; Brussels, Belgium; 02.2020;
- Thanos: Prometheus at Scale!; DevConf.cz 2020; Brno, CZ; 01.2020; slides
- Are You Testing Your Observability? Patterns for Instrumenting Your Go Services; GoDays Berlin 2020; Berlin, DE; 01.2020; video
- Thanos Deep Dive: Inside a Distributed Monitoring System; KubeCon EU 2019; San Diego, USA; 11.2019; slides; video
- Two Households, Both Alike in Dignity: Cortex and Thanos; PromCon EU 2019; Munich, DE; 11.2019; slides; video
- Thanos - Transforming Prometheus Monitoring to a Global Scale in Seven Simple Steps; CloudNative PL; Warsaw,PL; 09.2019; slides; video)
- Thanos - Transforming Prometheus to a Global Scale in Seven Simple Steps; GrafanaCon2019; LA, USA; 02.2019
- Thanos - Transforming Prometheus to a Global Scale in Seven Simple Steps; FOSDEM; Brussels, Belgium; 02.2019
- Brief Intro to Prometheus; Prometheus Meetup; London, UK; 11.2018; slides
- Thanos - High Availability and Long Term Storage for Prometheus Metrics; OSSummit; Edinburgh, Scotland; 10.2018; slides
- Thanos - Prometheus at Scale; CloudNative; London, UK; 09.2018; slides
- Thanos - Prometheus at Scale; PromCon 2018; Munich, Germany; 08.2018; slides
- Thanos - Prometheus at Scale; Prometheus Meetup 2018; London, UK; 01.2018; slides
Open Source Projects
- prometheus grpc middlewares
- Demo Navigator
Used to maintain
Let’s just reuse stuff, shall we? (:
My is CV is available on Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/bwplotka/